Self care is not selfish!
Self-care refers to activities that preserve and maintain one’s physical, emotional and mental health. It is an ongoing commitment to look after yourself through helpful behaviours that protect your health during periods of stress.
Paying attention to what is happening to your body, both physically and emotionally, helps you to identify when something is affecting you. It is important to take time out when you need it to reduce feelings of stress and protect your mental health.
"Self-care is never a selfish act – it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer others. Anytime we can listen to true self and give the care it requires, we do it not only for ourselves, but for the many others whose lives we touch."
~ Parker J. Palmer
This workshop includes:
- Personal Assessment - Evaluate your health and wellness status and identify areas for improvement
- Tips – Learn practical ideas for personalised self-care
- Commitment to Self – Find inspiration to make personal changes to your self-care practices
- Compassion and Care – Discover the conditions of compassion and courage in addressing self-care matters
- Personalisation – Craft and develop a personalized self-care plan that works out for you
- Social Support – Learn how to build social support in your network and discover why it matters